01 November, 2019
For immediate release
Toronto, ON – The 40 members of IAM Local 2413 (Signature Flight Support YYZ) ratified a new collective agreement with the employer. The membership voted 91% in favour of their new contract!
The Negotiating Committee consisted of Mike Corrado, IAM DL 140 General Chairperson and Local members Glenn Richmond, Lana Bremner Crozier and Wesley Wolfe.
The new 3-year contract contained a number of improvements, including:
- increases to all entry-level wage scales with the ability to reach the top rate in 48 months
- 25% wage increases in each year of the contract
- Retroactivity on all wage increases back to 01 April, 2019
- Sick days now paid at 100% rather than 75%
- Improved job description language
- Improved contract language on transfers between job classifications, classification assigned to union stewards, notice period for shift changes and bereavement leave and a variety of enhancements.
Our Members at Signature YYZ “are the best paid in the business” and “we are proud to have made serious improvements to our members wages AND retirement savings so they can live comfortably in their retirement years”
IAM members at Signature Flight Support Operate the Shell Aerocentre and service the private jets. They have been members since workers at Field Aviation joined the IAM in 1956.
– 30 –
For further information:
IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson