Tuesday May 7, 2019
For Immediate Release
Winnipeg, MB – A Letter of Understanding regarding the Maintenance Retention program was the key to ratifying a new collective agreement between IAM Local Lodge 2247 and Keewatin Air LP.
“Keeping qualified people on staff can be difficult in this competitive environment and this Letter of Understanding reflects that,” explained IAM District Lodge 181Directing Business Representative Glenn Tomchak. “This along with a healthy wage increase in the first year of the agreement has made our members very happy.”
The three-year agreement provides an across the board wage increase of $4.00 an hour retroactive to January 4, 2019. Wage increases in the second and third year amount to 2.5 per cent respectively. The Maintenance Retention Program letter of understanding provides annual lump sum payments as follows:
- 1 to 4 years of service = $4,000.00
- 5 to 9 years of service = $7,000.00
- 10 to 14 years of service = $10,000.00
- 15 years or more service = $13,000.00
Other agreement highlights include:
- Night shift premium increase by $ .50 an hour
- Crew chief premium increases to $1.50 an hour
- Increased footwear allowance
- Travel premiums now one hour paid before flight, two hours paid prior to flying to the United States
- One additional sick day
- Per diems increased by $2.50 per day
- Call-out duty penalty increased to four hours
The 24 members include mechanics, stores and Quality Assurance Personnel.
Keewaitin Air LP is one of the most comprehensive aeromedical organizations in Canada, providing extensive 24-hour emergency air ambulance service. Keewatin Air LP transports over 1,500 patients and flies over 2.3 million medevac miles annually from bases in Winnipeg and Churchill, Manitoba, Rankin Inlet and Iqaluit, Nunavut.
For further information:
Glenn Tomchak – IAM District Lodge 181 Directing Business Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #31/416-735-9765