Tuesday March 20, 2018
For Immediate Release
Thunder Bay, ON – Members of IAM Local Lodge 714 employed as flight attendants have ratified a new collective agreement with Wasaya Airways.
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of 3 per cent in each year for all employees with up to five years of service, and five per cent in each of the agreement for employees with more than five years of service. The wage increases are retro-active to March 1, 2018. Other agreement highlights include:
- A $100 bonus in the second and third year
- Two additional personal days per year for employees with less than four years of service and three additional personal days per year for employees with more than four years of service
- Increased uniform allowance
- Days of work changed to 19 days on and nine days off to 18 days on and ten days off after one year
- Increased bereavement leave
- Introduction of new classification – training and standards instructor
Wasaya Airways is a 51 per cent First Nations-owned domestic airline with headquarters in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It operates from hubs in Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout, Red Lake and Pickle Lake servicing 25 communities in Northern Ontario including Attawapiskat on James Bay and Fort Severn, on Hudson’s Bay, Ontario’s most northern settlement.
For further information:
Rick Vezina – IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications for Canada
416-386-1789 Ext #31/416-735-9765