The International Association of Machinist and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) is pleased to announce that we are now in a position to distribute funds received through the resolution of legal proceedings that we undertook on behalf of our members relating to the bankruptcy of Inter-Canadien Inc.
The IAMAW has now posted a newspaper notice in regions, (and notices on known Facebook groups) where the former IAMAW members resided, in order to get an up to date list of contact details so that we can properly issue payments. The ad posted reads as follows:
Notice to Former IAMAW Represented Employees of INTER-CANADIEN (1991) INC. / INTER-CANADIAN (1991) INC.
Please be advised that the International Association of Machinist and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) will be distributing some funds obtained through legal settlements to certain former members employed by Inter-Canadien / Inter-Canadian (1991) Inc. (the “Company”).
You may be eligible to receive some funds (in an amount estimated to be under $500) if:
- You were employed by the Company at the date of its bankruptcy and closure in December 1999, and;
- You were represented in that employment by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (“IAMAW”), and;
- You filed, or provided to the IAMAW, a proof of claim in the bankruptcy proceedings for amounts owed to you by the Company.
If you believe you may be eligible based on the above conditions, (or if you are the heir of a deceased person who may be eligible), please contact the IAMAW at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to provide updated contact information (Name, employee number, address, phone number and email address) on or before December 7th, 2018.
Further information can be found at WWW.IAMAW.CA under the heading “Inter-Canadien / Inter-Canadian”
If you believe you may be eligible based on the conditions stated in this article, please contact the IAMAW, before December 7th, 2018, at the following email address: email@example.com to provide updated contact information as follows:
- Name of former member,
- Employee number (if available),
- Mailing address,
- Phone number, AND
- Email address
In the event that a former member has deceased, you will also be required to provide the following information to the IAMAW:
- Copy of Death Certificate, AND ,
- Contact details for the legally appointed Executor to the former member’s estate
All of this information must be sent to us by the deadline of December 7th, 2018 by one of the following methods:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR;
- By fax addressed to “Inter-Canadien” at 416-386-0210
If you have any questions please contact us at the same email address – email@example.com