Thursday November 16, 2017
For Immediate Release
Sault Ste. Marie, ON – Significant pension increases were a key ingredient in the ratification of a new collective agreement by members of IAM Local Lodge 2332 employed by Superior Chrysler Dodge.
The three-year collective agreement provides wage increases of 2 per cent retroactive to August of 2017 and first minimum wage increases as per Ontario legislation guaranteed with top-ups of 2 per cent on the anniversary dates. Other agreement highlights include:
- Pension increased to 13 per cent by August of 2019 (IAM Labour Management pension plan)
- Long Term Disability (LTD) increased to $2500.00 from $2000.00
- Increased Life Insurance benefits
- Vacation leave increased to six weeks after 30 years of service
- Dental coverage increased to $2000.00 from $1500.00
- Numerous changes to contract language
The bargaining unit consists of technicians, parts personnel and general labourers. The IAM represents workers at five auto dealerships in the steel city.
IAM represents more than 1500 automotive workers on Vancouver Island and the lower mainland of British Columbia, in Fort Frances, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie and Toronto in Ontario as well as in New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
For further information:
Ralph Martin – IAM Grand Lodge Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #6331/416-735-9765