Tuesday March 20, 2018
For Immediate Release
Thunder Bay, ON – Members of IAM Local Lodge 714 have ratified a new collective agreement with Wasaya Airways.
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of 3 per cent across the board in each year of the agreement and six per cent each year for employees with more than four years of service. Other agreement highlights include:
- One additional personal day of leave after four years of service and two additional personal days of leave after nine years of service
- Two consecutive days off for all full and part-time employees
- Overtime will be paid to part-time employees after 64 hours of work in a two week period
- One additional week of vacation after 20 years of service
- $1.50 an hour premium for lead hand
- Contract language improvements
The 20 members consist of ramp personnel, cargo customer service agents and sales personnel.
Wasaya Airways is a 51 per cent First Nations-owned domestic airline with headquarters in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It operates from hubs in Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout, Red Lake and Pickle Lake servicing 25 communities in Northern Ontario including Attawapiskat on James Bay and Fort Severn, on Hudson’s Bay, Ontario’s most northern settlement.
For further information:
Rick Vezina – IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications for Canada
416-386-1789 Ext #31/416-735-9765