Wednesday June 6, 2018
For Immediate Release
Kingston, ON – Members of IAM Local Lodge 54 have ratified a new collective agreement with Novelis Inc.
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of 2.5 per cent in the first and second year respectively and 3 per cent in the third year. Other agreement highlights include;
- Increased shift change premiums
- Meal voucher provided if employee works overtime for a period of two hours or more before their regular shift begins but only if the overtime request was given with less than two hours’ notice
- Orthodontics coverage increased to $1500 lifetime for each dependent child
- Paramedical expenses increased to $1,400.00 per year per family
- Paramedical expenses increased to $800.00 annually per person
- Vision care coverage increased
The 244 members manufacture flat rolled aluminum products for automotive, transportation and industrial applications as well as beverage can sheet for the canning industry. Novelis, formerly Alcan, is the world’s largest flat rolled aluminum sheet producer and the world’s largest recycler of aluminum.
For further information:
Gary Hynes – IAM Grand Lodge Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications for Canada
416-386-1789 Ext #31/416-735-9765