Thursday November 16, 2017
For Immediate Release
Sault Ste. Marie, ON – Members of IAM Local Lodge 2332 have ratified a new collective agreement with Maitland Motors.
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of 2 per cent annually retroactive to July 2017 and the first minimum wage increases as per Ontario legislation guaranteed with top ups of 2 per cent on anniversary dates. Other agreement highlights include:
- Pension increased to 13 per cent by July of 2019 (IAM Labour Management pension plan)
- Vacation improvements to 4 weeks after 10 years from 15 years and the addition of 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- Increase life insurance benefits
- Dental plan coverage increased from 70 to 85 per cent
- Vision care coverage doubled from $100.00 to $200.00
- Numerous contract language increases
The bargaining unit consists of Service Advisors, clerks and parts advisors. The IAM also represents 17 technicians, garage and stockroom personnel at Maitland Motors under a separate agreement.
The IAM represents members at Superior Dodge, Maitland Motors, Highland Ford and Prouse Motors and Superior Nissan in the steel city.
IAM represents more than 1500 automotive workers on Vancouver Island and the lower mainland of British Columbia, in Fort Frances, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie and Toronto in Ontario as well as in New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
For further information:
Ralph Martin – IAM Grand Lodge Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #6331/416-735-9765