Monday July 4, 2016
For Immediate Release
Lachine, QC – Members of IAM Local Lodge 869 have ratified a new collective agreement with Siemens Canada Limited.
The four-year agreement provides wage increases of 2.25 per cent in each of the first three years and 3 per cent in the fourth year. Other agreement highlights include :
- Increased vacation as follows: three weeks for up to four years of service, four weeks for five to nine years of service, five weeks for ten to fourteen years of service and six weeks for 15 years or more of service
- Return of the Lead Hand premium at 7.5 per cent of the wages
- Redefinition of the pay scales with automatic wage progression
- Employees contribution of the pension plan reduced by .5 per cent
- More shift start time with 30 minutes of flexibility
- Enhancement surrounding the time bank
This is the first negotiated settlement between Local Lodge 869 and Siemens Canada since Siemens acquired the power and gas turbine division from Rolls Royce Canada in 2014.
The 88 members manufacture gas turbines for the power generating industry.
For further information:
Gerald Tremblay – IAM Grand Lodge Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #6331/416-735-9765