Tuesday January 8, 2019
For Immediate Release
North Bay, ON – Members of IAM Local Lodge 2412 have ratified a new collective agreement with Epiroc Canada, formerly Atlas Copco.
The three-year agreement provides wage increases totaling $1.65 per hour over the life of the agreement. Other agreement highlights include:
- Increase in pension to 12 per cent of earnings
- Shift and lead-hand premium increases
- Payout for unused sick days
- Enhanced bargaining unit protection language
- Enhanced job posting, training, overtime and vacation language
- Employer now pays for medical notes
The 65 members manufacture mining equipment such as top hammer drilling equipment, exploration drilling tools, rotary drilling tools, and horizontal directional drilling tools.
For further information:
Ralph Martin – IAM Grand Lodge Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #31/416-735-9765