Halifax, NS – Members of IAMAW Local Lodge 2797 have ratified a new collective agreement with Cara Airline Solutions.
The three-year agreement provides no wage increase in the first year, a 2 per cent wage increase in the second year and 2.75 per cent wage increase in the third year. Other agreement highlights include :
• Eye glass benefits increase from $150.00 to $200.00 every two years beginning November 30, 2011
• Vision Care benefits increase from $50.00 to $80.00 every two years beginning November 30, 2011
• Boot allowance increase of $10.00 in the second year of the agreement
• Improvements to bereavement leave
• Agreement to increase third year RRSP contribution from $ .35 to $ .45/hour worked starting June 1, 2011
• Formation of a shift committee within thirty days of ratification to discuss shift schedule concerns
The 84 members consist of kitchen staff who prepares the airline meals, commissary personnel who warehouse and deliver the meals to aircraft and bonded agents who handle all duty free items. Cara Airline Solutions provides meals to Air Canada and other airlines using Halifax International Airport.