Friday November 9, 2018
For Immediate Release
Edmonton, AB – “As first contracts go, this one is a beauty,” said an elated IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson Keith Aiken, referring to the recently endorsed first agreement with Airport Terminal Services (ATS).
“Any time you can negotiate significant pay increases in a first contract, you have to be happy,” said Aiken. “This is a solid group and they’re extremely pleased with what their bargaining team accomplished on their behalf.”
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of $ .50 per hour every six months in the first year and a 1 per cent wage increase in year two and three respectively. Other agreement high lights include:
- Introduction of multi-employer pension plan
- Reduced wage scale grid from eleven years to ten
- Enhanced benefits
- Sick bank rollover (now capable of carrying over sick days to personal days the following year)
- Layoff and recall rights now in place
- Vacation schedule established
- Stat holidays now in place
- Seniority language now in place
The 150 members of IAM Local Lodge 1681 provide ramp services for United and WestJet airlines at Edmonton International Airport.
The IAM is the largest union in the Canadian air transport sector.
The IAM Local Lodge 1681 ATS bargaining team
For further information:
Keith Aiken – IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications