Friday May 3, 2013
For Immediate Release
Winnipeg, MB – Members of IAM Local Lodge 714 have a new collective agreement with Servisair Incorporated.
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of 6 per cent in the first year for new hires and 4 per cent for existing members and an across the board increase of 1 per cent in the second and third year. A one-time signing bonus of $150.00 will be paid to active members upon ratification; this bonus will be paid to laid-off members when they return for the 2013-2014 deicing season.
Other agreement highlights include :
• After six months of service, full time employees will be eligible for eight hours of sick time per year
• Full time employees will become eligible for an additional sixteen hours of sick time after one year of service
• Sick time will be compensated at 75 per cent of your wage if you use the day. If you don’t use the days by the end of the year, you will be paid out at 100 per cent of the hours that you have left
• Easter Monday has been added as a statutory holiday
• Tooling allowance increased by $50.00
• Overtime cancellation clause added to agreement
The 15 members de-ice aircraft at Winnipeg International Airport. The IAM is the largest union in the Canadian air transport sector.
For further information:
Tony Didoshak – IAM District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #6331/416-735-9765