Tuesday June 6, 2017
For Immediate Release
Montréal, QC – Members of IAM Local Lodge 2309 in Montreal, Local Lodge 2413 in Toronto, Local Lodge 2734 in Calgary and Local Lodge 16 in Vancouver have ratified a new multi-year agreement with Air Transat.
“This is a good deal for these members and they have been rewarded for their hard work,” explained IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson George Kuehnl.
The deal provides wage increases in excess of 14 per cent over the life of the agreement retroactive to May 1, 2016. Other agreement highlights include:
- Shift premium increases to $1.00/hour
- Night shift premium increases to $2.00/hour
- Lead Hand premium increases to $2.25/hour
- Stores Certification Premium increases to $ .50/hour
- Structures Certification Premium increases to $1.75/hour
- Endorsement Premium increases $ .25/hour over the life of the agreement
- The Missed Rest Compensation Premium shall increase by $10.00 over the life of the agreement
- Per Diem rates within Canada will increase $ .54/ hour over the life of the agreement, outside of Canada the rate will increase $ .71/hour over the life of the agreement and in the UK and Ireland the rate will increase $ .27/hour over the life of the agreement.
- Uniform allowance shall increase to $65.00 per month
- Pension plan enhancements in the final two years of the agreement
“I want to thank the bargaining committee members, Steven St. Arnaud, Sebastien Auger and Patrick Potvin of Montréal, Herb Reiner of Toronto, Mathieu Miller of Vancouver and Grand Lodge Representative Michel Richer for their hard work,” said Kuehnl. “In the later stages of bargaining we drew upon the assistance of Peter Greenberg of Grand Lodge to help crunch the numbers. The experience of IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 President and Directing General Chairperson Fred Hospes was also greatly appreciated.
The 353 members ratified the agreement by a margin of 80 per cent. Air Transat is a Canadian leisure airline based in Montréal operating scheduled and charter flights serving 63 destinations in 30 countries.
For further information:
George Kuehnl – IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #6331/416-735-9765