Friday November 30, 2018
For Immediate Release
Calgary, AB – The IAM has followed up its first contract success with ATS in Edmonton with a similar first agreement with ATS Passenger Service Agents in Calgary.
“The membership has to take all of the credit for this agreement,” said IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson Keith Aiken. “They knew what they wanted, they knew what they had to do to obtain it. They gave their bargaining committee a strike mandate and the membership were prepared to follow it up if need be and that solidarity paid off.”
The 15-month agreement provides wage increases of $ .40 per hour every six months respectively. Other agreement highlights include:
- Introduction of multi-employer pension plan
- Grievance procedure
- Reset of members on new scale. Raises of up to $3.00 per hour
- Enhanced benefits
- Sick bank rollover (now capable of carrying over sick days to personal days the following year)
- Layoff and recall rights now in place
- Vacation schedule established
- Stat holidays now in place
- Seniority language now in place
The 120 members of IAM Local Lodge 2734 provide Passenger services for United, Delta and KLM airlines at Calgary International Airport.
The IAM is the largest union in the Canadian air transport sector.
For further information:
Keith Aiken – IAM Transportation District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications