Wednesday August 30, 2017
For Immediate Release
North Bay, ON – “It took thirty years but the members of IAM Local Lodge 2412 at Boart Longyear finally have a paid lunch break,” said a pleased IAM Grand Lodge Representative Ralph Martin.
“It may sound rather odd, most people take a paid lunch for granted but it was a big win for these members,” added Martin.
The paid lunch was just one of the many improvements that high light the new three-year agreement. The agreement provides a $1,000 lump sum wage increase in the first year and 1.5 per cent in each of the remaining two years. Other agreement high lights include:
- Family Day added as a holiday
- Increased shift premiums
- Paid lunch break
- Increased safety glasses and safety boot allowances
- Custom hearing protection now paid by employer
- Vacation restrictions now lifted
- Bereavement leave extended
- Regular hours of work
- Afternoon shift now four ten-hour days creating three-day weekends
The 120 members manufacture custom drilling equipment for the Canadian mining industry.
For further information:
Ralph Martin – IAM Grand Lodge Representative
Bill Trbovich – IAM Director of Communications
416-386-1789 Ext #6331/416-735-9765